Recommended Personal Items
- 3 casual outfits: jeans, shorts, t-shirts (appropriate length with no sexually explicit, drug/alcohol, gang, or violent themes)
- Shoes – no shoe strings
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of underwear – bras with no underwire (sports bras preferred)
- 2 T-shirts, 2 Long Sleeved Shirts
- Appropriate nightwear (non-revealing)
- Jacket – no strings attached to it
- Insurance cards/prescription cards
- Current medications – Admissions staff will notify you specifically which ones to bring at the time of the admission
- Heartland discourages residents from bringing items of value to the facility. Heartland Behavioral Health Services is NOT responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items. Items such as radios, CD or MP3 players, and electronic games will NOT be replaced if damage or theft occurs. Although many of our residents enjoy the privilege of using these items, they are the responsibility of the resident.
- Residents will be allowed a manageable amount of clothing, undergarments, shoes, and personal items. If necessary these items may be reduced by the treatment team.
- Residents may be allowed to utilize personal electronics during designated times; residents will be required to put items in a locked personal box when not in use.
- Residents may be allowed to keep small individually packaged snacks in their personal box as a soother or reinforcer. A maximum of 3 snacks will be allowed in personal box at any time.