Our acute services serve ages 4-17 both male and female, and act as a short term crisis stabilization service. Our admissions line accepts phone calls 24 hours a day 7 days a week from parents and/or referral sources in regards to children that may be struggling and need to be placed into an intensive therapeutic environment. These children may be a harm to themselves, or others around them. This is a service that we get phone calls at the time of their crisis, get the child admitted quickly—even providing secure transportation if that is what is deciphered at the time of the admission. Average length of stay is 7-14 days on acute.
One or more of the following criteria must be met within the past 24 hours:
- Threatening to, or behaving in a manner considered dangerous to self or others.
- Continued destruction of property.
- Unable to function socially, educationally or in the family environment.
- Pre-existing psychiatric conditions that are impacting the child’s ability to maintain safety in the community.
- No significant progress with outpatient treatment and the patient requires medication evaluation, special services or continuous skilled observation.
- Continued failure to be successful in a less restrictive environment, such as a foster home or group home setting.
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication evaluation
- Individual Treatment Team Planning
- Behavior management program
- Activity therapy
- Family therapy
- Patient education groups
- Group therapy
- Substance abuse assessment and treatment: On an individual basis
- Assessment: Covering physical, psychological and social aspects
- Therapy: group, family, expressive, individual
- Activities: Educational, recreational, creative arts, team building, cooperative play
- Discharge planning for aftercare
- Treatment team: Psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, registered nurses, mental health workers
- Reimbursement: Commercial insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), Medicaid, private pay, TRICARE (Military)
- Admissions: On-call admission staff is available 24 hours/7 days a week